Sunday, March 27, 2011

Art Projection




Hello!


Lets get started. The first thing you want to do is find a photograph of someone that you think is interesting. Like someone from history, entertainment, family or someone you just discovered. Be prepared to discuss why you chose who did. Note: If you want to do a self portrait, I will take your picture in class, unless you have your own. I did a general search for chinese girl, I found this image. It has really detailed eyes and the contrast is blown out, so there is plenty of room to get creative.

Next, you will have several options to choose from to get your image on your drawing board.

One is freehand, just drawing it right on artboard with pencil. Remember to draw lightly as the line you use will later be erased or covered over in ink. The other method is projection. Which we will do in class. There is also the grid technique, where you divide your image into a grid, and then draw each grid square one at a time..this will also be explained in class. Another thing to consider is how you crop your image. This involves you deciding how much of your reference image you actually want to use.


You will see where my pencil lines are, and then where I have traced over with ink. I do not put too much details down in pencils, instead I just sort of mark the edges or boundaries. Then once that is done I start to embelish the design. This is me roughly 1/3 thru this process. I will post future images as this project continues forward. I look forward to seeing you in class and starting our project.

This is just a teaser..we will get more in depth in class. The main thing is to have fun and remember that there are no rules really in being creative though tere are helpful guidelines, and only instructions to smooth things out and give you some guides and reference.


Note: it is not my intent to draw an exact replica of my image, I want to make it more unique and add my own sense and style of design to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment